Sunday, October 27, 2013

To my husband, my children, my family, and everyone else to whom this might apply:

 I See Something Happening

I see something happening - but I may not see it true,
Because it isn't my life, and it's happening to you.
God tells my whole story to no one else but me;
It only follows:  I can't fathom yours entirely.
When I draw my own conclusions about what's going on with you,
And give you all my feedback from that convoluted skew,
It puts a tragic roadblock up, to the things that make us click.
The setback surprises me ... and then it makes me sick.
If it makes any difference to explain,
I could say that over-reading programmed my brain,
So that I'm always writing stories in my head,
Turning real world living into fiction in its stead.
I could tell you I'm a coward when it comes to confrontation,
And I'd rather draw conclusions and impose manipulation,
Just hoping my conclusions mesh with truth,
And everyone will live happily ever after as proof.
The only thing about that is, excuses don't address your needs;  it's really about you.
I come up against that truth, and I'm not sure what to do.
At this point I'm just glad to see more clearly.
I'm glad to know there's more that I can do, to change me.
At least you can know I've messed up out of caring;
That I'm sorry to increase the load you're bearing,
When my design was to ease it up somehow.
And at least I know I can't ruin your life now!
It's not within my power, thank God, so if you would,
Chalk it up to experience and let it work for your good.

1 comment:

  1. good insight but relax, you're a great mom and an amazing wife.

    ReplyDelete

Please pass on your thoughts or questions about missionary work, Italy, or anything else!